Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting the Nursery Together

I'm a pretty crafty girl.  I like making things, decorating and planning.  I've been having a blast getting the nursery together.  We still have to paint, pick a rug and I have about 10 sewing projects for the room. The hardest part about decorating is that we don't know if it will be a little boy or girl who will be entering our lives and we will only have about a 5 hour window when we get the call. We are going with a rainbow theme for the room. Me being me....I want to be over prepared.  I don't want the first few days to be chaos because we have to run around shopping and getting stuff.  It is going to be chaotic enough with a new baby! 

A mobile I am making.......These cute critters will hang over the crib.

Pillow from an old T-shirt! I'll have a full tutorial on this soon! Super easy and a great way to recycle a favorite old tee.

I really wanted a modern crib at a reasonable price so when I spotted this one at Walmart and read many reviews I knew it was the one for us.   This is the Baby Mod Oliva Crib and it is pretty awesome!  Baby will be sleeping safe and sound thanks to Grandma and Grandpa in Oklahoma.

The changer is from the Baby Mod Collection at Walmart.  It is amazingly sturdy!  The little black rocker is mine from when I was little.

I've been collecting clothes to help us with the first few nights.  Since we don't know the age, weight and gender of the baby we need a little of each on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment